WHAT IS SYMANTEC'S VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT?
All our Symantec SSL certificates now come with built-in Vulnerability Assessment as standard. Strengthening your website’s security, the Vulnerability Assessment identifies and quickly fixes the most critical vulnerabilities that could be exploited by hackers. This, added to the many other outstanding security features from Symantec, will give you the most secure SSL solution in the world today.
Vulnerability Assessment includes :
- An automatic weekly scan for vulnerabilities on public-facing web pages, web-based applications, server software, and network ports.
- An actionable report that identifies both critical vulnerabilities that should be investigated immediately and informational items that pose a lower risk.
- An option to rescan your website to help confirm that vulnerabilities have been fixed.
Symantec's Vulnerability Assessment Service uses the following IP addresses and server names:
- VBLADEAF001 188.8.131.52 (scan1.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF002 184.108.40.206 (scan2.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF003 220.127.116.11 (scan3.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF004 18.104.22.168 (scan4.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF005 22.214.171.124 (scan5.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF006 126.96.36.199 (scan6.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF007 188.8.131.52 (scan7.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF008 184.108.40.206 (scan8.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF009 220.127.116.11 (scan9.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF010 18.104.22.168 (scan10.ws.symantec.com)
Get in touch to find out more about vulnerability assessment. Our friendly consultants will be pleased to hear from you - and happy to help.