What do I first need to create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for ZEUS Web Server v3
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site. When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to ssl247.com in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate.
Note: The following assumes you have already configured a virtual web to be SSL-enabled. Please refer to the ZEUS documentation at http://knowledgehub.zeus.com/.
- Select the Web icon from the Admin Server control panel.
- Select SSL Configuration. On the Edit Server panel, choose SSL ON to enable SSL.
- Select SSL Quick Setup to begin creating your Private Key and Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- Enter the full path for your Private Key file under Generate Your Private Key, select key size (e.g., 1024).
- Enter the Distinguished Name Field information under Create a Certificate Request. When creating a CSR you must follow these conventions.
The following characters can not be accepted: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * / \ ( ) ?.
|Distinguished Name Field||Explanation||Example|
|Common Name||The fully qualified domain name for your web server. This must be an exact match.||If you intend to secure the URL https://www.yourdomain.com, then your CSR's common name must be www.yourdomain.com.|
|Organization||The exact legal name of your organization. Do not abbreviate your organization name.||Your Organization, Inc|
|Organization Unit||Section of the organization||Marketing|
|City or Locality||The city where your organization is legally located.||Atlanta|
|State or Province||The state or province where your organization is legally located. Can not be abbreviated.||Georgia|
The two-letter ISO abbreviation for your country.
Please click here for the complete list of ISO country codes.
|US = United States|
- Hit the Setup Server button and check the Verbose box to view progress.
The Private Key information and CSR contents will be presented.
- Copy this CSR text; be sure to include the line "-----BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----" and everything up to and including the "-----END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----" lines.
- You are now ready to submit your CSR for the certificate you wish to install.
Additional instructions can be found on the ZEUS web site.