When installing the certificate through the certificate wizard, you may experience the following error message:
"Selected certificate was already installed to another server. Please choose another response file"
This error occurs when one of the following conditions are true:
The certificate is already installed
Intermediate CA certificate(s) is/are installed in the Personal Certificates folder in the Certificate's MMC snap-in
To resolve this problem, make sure to select the correct certificate file. If the correct certificate is selected, perform the following steps:
1. Click Start, then Run, type MMC and OK
2. In the Console Tab, select File then Add/Remove Snap-in
3. Click Add, Certificates and Add again
4. Select Computer Account, then Local Computer
5. Close the Add Standalone Snap-in window
6. In the Add/Remove Snap-in window, select OK
7. Under Personal and Certificates, locate the intermediate certificate
8. To identify the certificate, view the Issued to field
9. Right click the file and select Delete and Install the certificate again.