CSR Generation for F5 BIG IP(version 8 and under)
The following instructions will guide you through the Certificate Signing Request generation process on F5 BIG-IP Loadbalancer (version 8 and under)
1. Login to the BIG-IP device as the root user and run the following command:
2. Enter your company details including the full legal entity name and physical address of operation. Do not abbreviate.
3. Create the CSR by entering the following command:
4. Note: You will replace www.yoursite.com with the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name)
you want to secure with the certificate such as www.sectigo.com, secure.website.org, *.domain.net, etc.
5. Enter your company details such as the full legal entity name, organization unit, physical address, etc.
6. Under /config/bigconfig/ssl.csr/ locate and open the newly created CSR file named after the FQDN you specified (i.e. www.yoursite.com.csr
) in a text editor such as Notepad and copy all of the text including:
7. -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Note: You may have to transfer the CSR to the workstation you will use to order the certificate.
8. Log into your Sectigo account
9. Click on the Provide CSR on our website and paste the entire CSR into the blank text box and continue with completing the generation process.