CSR Generation for F5 BIG IP (version 9)
The following instructions will guide you through the Certificate Signing Request generation process on F5 BIG-IP Loadbalancer (version 9).
- Open the F5 BIGIP Web GUI.
- Under Local Traffic select SSL Certificates and then Create.
- Under General Properties enter a certificate friendly name which will help distinguish the CSR going forward.
- Under Certificate Properties enter the following CSR details:
- Issuer: Select the issuing “Certificate Authority”.
- Common name: The FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with the certificate such as www.sectigo.com, secure.website.org, *.domain.net, etc.
- Division: Your department such as 'Information Technology' or ‘Website Security.’
- Organization: The full legal name of your organization including the corporate identifier.
- Locality, State or Province, Country: City, state, and country where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- Email Address: Your email address.
- Change Password, Confirm Password: Your password.
- For Key Properties, select RSA & 2048.
- Click the Finished button.
- Locate and open the newly created CSR in a text editor such as Notepad and copy all the text including:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Log into your Sectigo account
Click on the Provide CSR on our website and paste the entire CSR into the blank text box and continue with completing the generation process.