The following instructions will guide you through the CSR generation process on Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Launch Microsoft Exchange 2010 from your programs and select Exchange Management Console.
- Select Manage Databases on the right hand side.
- Select Server Configurations in the left side menu.
- Select New Exchange Certificate in the right side menu.
- Enter a Friendly Name when prompted in the opened window.
- Note: Please name the file something you can easily recognize in the future. This will only be an internal reference name and will not be part of your SSL certificate.
- In the Domain Scope menu, select the check box ONLY if you are using a Wildcard Certificate (*.yourdomain.com) and if so, skip to Step 8. If not, proceed accordingly to the next screen/step.
- In the Exchange Configuration menu, click the Service Options that you plan on securing and specify the Domain Name for each service.
- Note: The next screen will suggest names for you. You can remove them if you like by right clicking on them.
- Enter in the following CSR Details:
- Common Name (CN): The FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with the certificate such as www.sectigo.com, secure.website.org, *.domain.net, etc.
- Organization Name (ON): The full legal name of your organization including the corporate identifier.
- Organizational Unit (OU): Your department such as 'Information Technology' or 'Website Security.'
- Locality or City (L): The locality or city where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- State or Province (S): The state or province where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- Country Name (C): The official two-letter country code (i.e. US, CH) where your organization is legally incorporated.
- Click Browse to specify the location where you want to save the CSR as a ".reg" file and click Save.
- Enter a friendly name to distinguish the request in the future.
- Click Next, New, and then Finish.
- Locate and open the newly created CSR from the specified location you choose in a text editor such as Notepad and copy all the text including:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST----
13. Log into your Sectigo account
14. Click on the Provide CSR on our website and paste the entire CSR into the blank text box and continue with completing the generation process.