How to collect and install Comodo e-mail certificates for Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird
- Check your email on the email address that you applied with.
- Note: Make sure you use the same browser you applied with!
Install (part 1 of 2)
- Click the button that says 'Click & Install Sectigo Email Certificate'.
- Note: If that does not open in the same browser as you applied on please follow the directions underneath the button.
- You will see a message stating that your certificate is being installed. Do not close window!
- A message will be displayed that your certificate was installed successfully.
Installation into Thunderbird (Mail Client)
- Export to PFX File
- Inside Firefox go to Tools -> Options (Windows), Edit -> Options (*nix), Firefox -> Options (Mac)
- Then go to Advanced -> General -> Encryption and click on 'View Certificates'.
- Select the tab that says 'Personal' or 'Your Certificates'.
- Highlight the certificate that expires on 1 year from when you applied for your certificate.
- Once highlighted select the button that says 'Backup'.
- Next one should be prompted to save the file.
* Save location: Desktop
* File Name: email address; Ex: [email protected] would become support_sectigo_com
* File type: PKCS12 Files (*.p12)
8. Provide a password for your .p12 file.
9. Click 'Save'
Import/Install to Thunderbird (part 2 of 2)
- Inside Thunderbird go to 'Tools -> Account Settings' and select 'Security' under the e-mail account you applied with.
- Click on 'View Certificates' to load the Thunderbird Certificate Manager.
- Click 'Import' and supply the password you created above.
- Close the Certificate Manager.
- Click 'Select'.
- Select your certificate from the drop-down menu and click 'OK' when finished.
- Perform the above step for both the Digital Signing and Encryption.
- note: If you wish to digitally sign every message, please select the option 'Digitally Sign Messages (by default)'
- Click 'OK' to exit the 'Account Settings' window.
- Now your certificate is installed ready to use within Thunderbird!
Note: To Encrypt a message, click the down arrow to the right of the 'Security' button.