- Microsoft's tool to import PVK files (For Windows 2000/XP Only!)
- Your code signing certificate from Sectigo (as PVK and SPC files).
Install pvkimport you downloaded from Microsoft.
- Note: Remember the paths to where you installed it (c:\\codesign\\)
- Copy your certificate/key (mycert.spc & mykey.pvk) files to the directory where you installed 'pvkimport'
- Open a command-prompt and change to the folder where you installed 'pvkimport'. (c:\\codesign\\)
- Combine your SPC and PVK certificate/key files that you received from Sectigo into a PFX file using 'pvkimport':
c:\\codesign> pvkimprt -import –pfx c:\\codesign\\mycert.spc c:\\codesign\\mycert.pvk
- This will start a wizard. Choose options:
- Yes, Export the Private Key (check)
- Include all Certificates in Path if possible (check)
- Enable strong protection (uncheck)
- Delete the private key if export is successful (uncheck)
- Enter a password
- Choose a location (c:\\codesign\\mycert.pfx)
You can check the private key has been imported successfully by using MMC.
- Open MMC
- Select add/remove snap in and select certificates. (Computer Account, Local Computer)
- Opening your code signing certificate should show code signing usage and that you have the private key.