Comodo Personal Authentication Certificate
Comodo Personal Authentication Certificates allow you to add security to your emails and documents and help you authenticate yourself to online services.
- Encrypt and digitally sign email communications
- Two-factor authentication of users and employees
- Digitally sign Microsoft® Office and OpenOffice documents
- Fully trusted by all major email clients and internet browsers
- Very easy to roll out to employees or customers
- Bulk purchases available via EPKI manager and reseller channels
Note: Please use Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 11 or Mozilla® Firefox® to collect your certificate. Personal Authentication Certificates cannot be generated using Apple® Safari®, Google® Chrome® or Microsoft Edge®
Only CSEC's (Corporate Secure Email Certificates) would require some form of verification of the domain, which is only available via an EPKI account.
CPAC can be ordered for any valid email address, as there is a challenge response required to verify the email address.
Breakdown of the verification process for the different types of CPAC's:
- Cpac basic = email verification - only required challenge response from customer sent to email. No details in the certificate other than email address of customer.
- Cpac pro = email verification and identity verification and organizational validation - Face to face document, photo ID or passport showing the individuals name. Certificate contains email address title, forename and surname.
- Cpac enterprise = email verification, identity verification and organizational validation - OV validation requirement however this is depends on if the company is a sole trader or a registered as a company through local jurisdiction. Certificate contains email address title, forename and surname organisation name and physical address.
- Registered as a company requires – QIIS or Jurisdiction document, photo ID / passport showing the individuals name. Sole trader requires – Face to face document, photo ID or passport showing the individuals name. Call back to verify the order is authentic. *Note: using Face to Face,one of the utilities bill must show the sole trader name.
Common Issue - unable to update admin email address - get an error when you tried to change the email address.
Solution - The issue is nearly always that there is a corporate secure email for the admin user which means the admin user’s details cannot be changed. So you will need to create a new user account with a login name and the new email address and details you required. After creation contact DBA and they will change the admin user for you and billing and organizational too if needed.