How to get help from the WebDEVTeam for WHMCS issues
For the WebDevTeam to properly assist with your request, you need to be able to provide as much detail as possible.
We understand that not all the information maybe available however, there is basic information readily available to all agents.
WebDev is working on creating an online form that support members will fill-in but, in the meantime, please help-us-help-you by providing as much detail as possible, using the template below:
Email to #WEBDEVTEAM (DL)
Link to Customer Profile:
Customer First Name:
Customer Last Name:
Link to Order:
Other Information about the order we should know (e.g. Stub Order Number, package, CSR, etc.)
Summary of Issue:
Customer steps/actions that led to the behaviour:
Steps that support team member has done to replicate/confirm/address behaviour:
Here’s an example of what we require:
• The store the bug/request came from (e.g. store.sectigo.com, store.ssl.comodoca.com, store.instantssl.com, etc.) – This is primarily because each store and product have their own database with their own set of records. It will help us narrow down where we should set our focus.
• A link directly to the customer:
- if a link is not available, then (at a minimum) provide the Full Name and Email address of the customer.
One of the most key pieces of information you can provide us are the following:
- Customer Profile <- what we’re looking for is the WHMCS user ID you can find this by:
• A link to the order number
• Other Information we should know
• Summary of the issue:
Note: do not forward complete customer email to the team, have proper summary in the subject to highlight the issue.
example: Subject: Case # 5555555 - Order # 777777 - store.sectigo.com - internal error contact administrator when submitting CSR
Attach any (and all) screenshots of errors to the email.
In the event this is an ongoing issue, discuss with WEBDEVTEAM if a Jira bug should be raised so we might track all affected customers.