SSL Installation: Citrix Secure Server
The following instructions will guide you through the SSL installation process on Citrix Secure Server.
Make sure you have all the following files saved before proceeding:
- Your Server Certificate - This is the certificate you received from the CA for your domain. You may have been sent this via email. If not, you can download it by visiting your Account Dashboard and clicking on your order.
- Intermediate Certificates - These files allow the devices connecting to your server to identify the issuing CA. There may be more than one of these certificates. If you got your certificate in a ZIP folder, it should also contain the Intermediate certificate(s), which is sometimes referred to as a CA Bundle.
- Your Private Key - This file should be on your server, or in your possession if you generated your CSR from a free generator tool. On certain platforms, such as Microsoft IIS, the private key is not immediately visible to you but the server is keeping track of it.
- Determine what version of Microsoft IIS you are running since this is where the SSL installation process will take place. Please reference the table below if you do not know what version of IIS you are running:
|Your Operating System||IIS Version|
|Windows Server 2003||6|
|Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008||7|
|Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2||7.5|
|Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012||8|
- Upon determining what version of IIS you are running, select the appropriate set of SSL Installation Instructions below:
The reference instructions above will help you successfully install the SSL certificate. Afterwards, check your work by visiting the website in your browser at https://yourdomain.tld and view the certificate/site information to see if HTTPS/SSL is working properly. Remember, you may need to restart your server for changes to take effect.