How to generate a Certificate Signing Request for Plesk 10 correctly
To generate a CSR with Plesk10, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Parallels Plesk Panel.
2. On the Home page, click on the Websites & Domains tab.
3. Then, click on SSL certificates
4. Click Manage next to the domain for which you want to create a SSL certificate
5. Click Add SSL certificate and enter a name (for your records only)
6. Make sure all the provided information is similar to the one used for the CSR and then click Request
Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.co.uk or mail.devel.ssl247.co.uk). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com
Organisation - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc
Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
7. Click the name of the certificate, locate the CSR section
8. Copy/paste the entire CSR and Private Key (including the BEGIN and END tags) into a text file. It will be required when you will order your certificate.