When Sectigo validates the main domain, wildcard and subdomains should validate automatically. Due due to a sync issue with the back end, only the main domain will show as validated.
- The Issue will appear only if the domain was added at the same time as the wildcard and the subdomain.
- If the DCV expired on the main domain, the wildcard and the subdomain since we only DCV the main domain.
- Then DCV the main domain, the wildcard/subdomains, will still show not validated, or expired.
- When adding or delegating a domain, you must add the wildcard and any subdomain after the main domain is validated.
- If the DCV on the main domain has expired and it gets validated, Sectigo will have to delete the expired wildcard and any subdomain.
- Sectigo will then add and delegate them (again)
- Once complete. they will show as validated.
note: this will not prevent you from requesting a certificate for a wildcard/subdomain, as long the main domain is validated.
For assistance please contact Sectigo Technical Support .