The following instructions will guide you through the CSR generation process on LiteSpeed.
Note: The following guide assumes that you have OpenSSL installed and feel comfortable entering command prompts.
Generate an RSA private key by running the following command:
Openssl genrsa –out server.key 2048
Note: The text "server.key" will set the file name of your private key. You can rename this at your discretion, but make sure you leave the extension as ".key".
- Generate the CSR by running the following command:
Openssl req –new –key server.key –out server.csr
Note: The text "server.key" should be changed to match whatever file name you specified when creating the private key in Step 1.
You can rename this at your discretion, but make sure you leave the extension as ".csr".
- The command will prompt you to enter in the following CSR details:
- Common Name (CN): The FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with the certificate such as www.sectigo.com, secure.website.org, *.domain.net, etc.
- Organization Name (ON): The full legal name of your organization including the corporate identifier.
- Organizational Unit (OU): Your department such as 'Information Technology' or 'Website Security.'
- Locality or City (L): The locality or city where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- State or Province (S): The state or province where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- Country Name (C): The official two-letter country code (i.e. US, CH) where your organization is legally incorporated.
- Congratulations, you created a CSR and it was automatically saved under the file name you specified and in the directory where you ran the command.
- Locate and open the newly created CSR in a text editor such as Notepad and copy all the text including:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Log into your Sectigo account
Click on the Provide CSR on our website and paste the entire CSR into the blank text box and continue with completing the generation process.