- Start Server Admin and login to your server.
- Click Certificate icon across the top of the window.
- Press + button and fill in the following information information for your CSR:
Common Name: Enter the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) that you want to use with your SSL certificate. eg. www.sectigo.com, mail.example.com, etc.
Organization: Enter the name for your company or organization.
Organizational Unit: Enter the name of your department of your organization.
City (Locality): Enter the name of your city.
State/Province: Enter the name of your State/Province. Do not abbreviate.
Country Code: Enter the two-letter country code for your country.
- Press the Save button in the lower right hand corner of the window to save your details.
- Click the wheel button and a dropdown menu will appear and select Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR) from the list.
- From the pop-up window that appears in the previous step, drag the icon in the upper-left hand corner of the window to the desktop and this will create your CSR file on your desktop.
Note: You may open the CSR with any text-editor of your choice.
For Power Users: You may simply pop open a Terminal and follow our instructions for Apache.